Finally, after years of planning, the Shaffers and Spencers actually made a decision and went on a trip together!!! We had a great time in San Diego! We rented a house near Wind and Sea Beach. Although the weather didn't quite cooperate with our beach plans, we found a few things to keep us busy.....
Monday - Sea World Tuesday - San Diego Zoo Wednesday - Legoland Thursday- The beach Friday - Disneyland Saturday - Touring the USS Midway and the Beach. What a week!
Alex and I were so proud of our boys - they were very good. Actually, all of the kids were great! The boys had so much fun playing with Ashley and Andrew! Leo keeps talking about how he misses his dragon baby, Aka, Ashley! We don't know why he calls her that!
Also, Leo was able to ride almost all of the rollercoasters during our trip! He and Ashley were addicted! We were so proud of our brave kiddos! Space Mountain was Leo's favorite. It was the roughest coaster we went on, and since it's in the complete dark, I couldn't tell if he liked it or not. When we came back to the loading dock, Leo's face was pure white and blank. I asked him if he liked it and he just looked at me, then clapped as hard as he could! He LOVED IT!
Wil loved looking at all of the animals! He sure is our animal lover! He was in awe at Seaworld and the zoo! There was a show at SeaWorld called "Pet's Rule" where dogs, cats, ducks and even a pig perform. Wil starred and starred, screaming "Daaaww" (dog). He was so cute. Then, at the Disney parade, he danced his booty off (see previous post for a video!)
USS Midway
"It's a small world, after all. It's a small world, after, all. It's a small world, after all. It's a small, small world!" Repeat, repeat, repeat!
Me, kicking butt at a fake game show
Mickey Mouse :-)


The kids at the Disneyland parade!

How cute is he?!?!?


Seal Beach!

Hanging out at "home"


Leo and his dragon baby

Mini-NYC


The boys, especially Wil, LOVED this train - they rode it over and over and over!
How cute is he?!?!?
Seal Beach!
Hanging out at "home"
Leo and his dragon baby
Mini-NYC
The boys, especially Wil, LOVED this train - they rode it over and over and over!
1 comment:
Katie, I read your post on my blog and first off, I miss you. We must chat sometime. So, then I thought you must have updated your blog and was sooooo happy to see the boys and how big they are!! What a fantastic vacation!! Leo is so funny and adorable in the wet zone. And Will is way bigger than I would even think him to be (I keep thinking he's a little baby) and talking, how great!! I love seeing your boys grow up and so want to actually meet them!!
We just spent the day with Kathy, Jeff and Drew and Beth, Allen, Brady and Emily at the beach. It was great seeing them again. I hope we make it there or you make it here sometime soon. I love seeing all our Taiwan "not so babies any more" together!!
Post a Comment