Hi everyone! I'm holding a poll - to help us out, please just leave a comment. We are in the process of registering at Babies-R-Us (a store that has always confused me). We are registering to help us organize what we need, what we don't need. The whole registry is kinda strange since we're not having a shower - with our family spread all throughout the country, I don't see how it would be possible.... but at least we have a list of what we need to get :-)
Anyway-----Leo will most likely be between 18-20 months when he comes home (hopefully) and we don't know whether to start with a crib or a toddler bed. I've already talked to some people about this - and Alex and I just can't make a decision. So - leave us your two cents please :-)
Thanks!
PS - Congratulations Shana & family!!!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Learn Chinese!
Timeline
January 8, 2007 Attend Adoption 101 Information Session in Mesa, AZ
January 22, 2006 - Apply for preapproval from our agencyand Taiwan
January 23, 2007 - Application for USCIS (I-600A) form submitted
January 28, 2007 - 1st Homestudy meeting
January 28, 2007 - Sign adoption contract with our agency
January 29, 2007 - Approved to adopt from Taiwan
February 1, 2007 - Clearance from state of Arizona
February 6, 2007- Maricopa application to adopt is filed
February 13, 2007 - Clearance from state of Michigan, Medical clearances, and Fingerprint invitation arrive from USCIS
February 24, 2007 - Fingerprinted for USCIS
March 11, 2007- Homestudy Complete and Court Certification from Maricopa County received
April 28, 2007 - Homestudy is translated into Mandarin
July 1, 2007 - Finally receive 171-H in the mail
July 6, 2007 - Get new case manager
July 22, 2007 - Sign adendum to contract
August 8, 2007 - Our lucky day! Referral for Lin Kai-Yi, born 6-3-06
August 8, 2007 - accept referral
August 13, 2007 - Sign Child Referral Agreement
August 23, 2007 - Paperwork arrives in Tucson
August 24, 2007 - Paperwork arrives to us
August 26, 2007 - Documents notorized (How many adults does it take to use a stamp?)
August 28, 2007 - Documents certified by AZ Sec. of State
August 29, 2007 Documents sent to TECO to be authenticated
September 4, 2007 - Documents arrive in Tucson from TECO
September 6, 2007 - Documents sent to Taiwan! YEAH!
September 10, 2007 - Update day! We receive 4 pics and a video!
October 2, 2007 - Receive word from TWCA that our hearing date is October 9, 2007 (this happened extreamly fast!)
October 9, 2007 - Keep your fingers crossed for a quick 1st ruling (even better yet, keep your fingers crossed for a final ruling!)
October 11, 2007 - October updates are here!
October 19, 2007 - Receive more pictures and videos from Ray's visit to Taiwan!
November 5, 2007 - November updates are here!
December 2, 2007 - December updates are here! Can't believe there has been no news all month!
December 13, 2007 - FINALLY! Word of our First Ruling! Yippeee! It happened on Dec. 13th in Taiwan (yesterday here)
January 4, 2008 - January updates
February 4, 2008 - February updates
February 28, 2008 - Leaving for Taipei!!!
February 29, 2008 - Arrive in Taipei!
March 4, 2008 - Gotcha Day! Can you even believe it!?!?!?
March 5, 2008 - FINAL RULING FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY! (by the way, our paperwork says the final ruling was issued December 24th!)
March 6, 2008 - First AIT appointment
March 7, 2008 - VISA DAY!
March 10, 2008 - Leave for home!
March 10, 2008 - Arrive home with our boy!!!!!!!!!!!
July 5, 2008 - Find out about Wil's arrival!
March 10, 2009 - Wil Shan-Yi Shaffer is born at 3:38 am 8 lbs. 4 oz. 20 inches long
8 comments:
I found that a crib was more comforting to our girl (adopted at 20 months) it was what she had been in and I think it helped make her feel more safe. If Leo has been in a crib I would vote for that. You can have a few minutes of peace in the am if he can't climb out either. TEE HEE
I would find out what he is sleeping in at the foster home and go from there. If he is still in a crib you could get a convertible crib that turns into a toddler bed (and also a full size bed too) so that you would have flexibility. My Jade is almost three and STILL in a crib! She can't handle the toddler bed yet; it is much to exciting to sleep in! Although today we are going to try it again. Wish us luck!
I agree with the convertible crib/toddler bed. He will probably feel more secure in a crib. Our son stayed in a crib until he was almost two (and figured out how to climb out). Best wishes and congrats! We are hopefully right behind you on the CAI list.
Congratulations! We are so happy for you. We got your announcement in the mail today. You must be so excited! This is such a great way for us to keep in touch with you. We will be reading often!
I would go with a crib that converts to a toddler bed. We have one for each girl and they go from a crib to a toddler bed and then to a full size bed. We moved Emma to a toddler bed sooner than we planned because of my bedrest during pregnancy(I couldn't lift her), but otherwise I think we would have kept her there till past age 2. At least you will have some options if you go this route. It is simple to take the side off and put it back on if necessary. Congratualtions and good luck!
I'm not a mommy yet, but if this was me I'd definately get a convertable crib that will go into a toddler bed when you're ready. I'd also want a convertable crib that was able to have a crib tent attached to it. Leo could be a little climber!
Thanks for the shout out!! I gave you my 2 cents and I am with Jenny, get a convertible one and then you don't have to worry about buying a new bed. That was our plan but now we have to buy 2 more beds anyway. LOL!!
-Shana
I agree - convertible crib/bed is it. Even if he isn't in a crib, you just might want to put him in one for safety reasons if he can get used to it. In fact, we plan to keep Jia in a crib as long as she'll stay in it - and if she starts climbing out we may even tent it for a while! (She looked at our bookcase the other day and said "ladder!" She later climbed up on our toilet seat because she wanted some medicine in the cabinet above it! She did this right in front of us thankfully.) I don't trust her alone and free for two seconds!
Hi Katie -
We got a convertible crib. That would work either way. Then you could use it as a crib for a short time and then change it over to a toddler bed as soon as Leo needs it.
Post a Comment